Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Rehab and Training

I did not do any rehab last night and was not able to go see my PT on Monday.  I have to call him to reschedule.  Last night after getting back from Karate and after putting the kids to bed I took a shower and washed my gear and set the clothes washer to get things clean by morning and was trying to get our new DVD player to play our US region 1 DVDs,  Which it wouldn't.  We *thought* we had orderded a region free DVD player.  We searched amazon for region free players and this one came up in the top 4.  Apparently the words "region free" are in the reviews of the player which make it show up in searches for "region free dvd players"!  I spent much time trying to figure out a way to make it play our DVDs and didn't have time to do Rehab.  Next time, I'll do rehab first!

I have not done much lunchtime training this week.  My wife keeps making me lunch and if I don't want to hurt her feelings, I have to eat it. It takes 10 - 15 minutes to eat the lunch which takes a big chunk of time from my allowed 60 minute lunch break and makes it difficult to get to the gym.

However, yesterday she slept in and didn't make me a lunch and I was able to hit the gym hard.

I did 5 sets of thrusters with extra weight.  Using plastic bags I was able to add 13 kg to the 25 kg barbell so I could do 41 kg thrusters.  I think that is the heaviest I have done but I'm not sure.  It was hard but doable.  I was surprised that my hands go so tired from doing it and I was barely able to do chins.   I did crunches and leg presses to give my hands a break.

Thrusters
41 x 12
41 x 12
41 x 12
25 x 20

Pull ups
5 x 2 sets
Chins
6 x 2 sets

Decline Oblique crunches
20 x 2 sets

Leg press - single leg
45 x 15

Today, I started doing push ups again.  Hopefully I can make it habit this time.
15 reps x 6 sets for 100 total reps.

I did several variations during my walk during lunch.  My legs are sore from thrusters yesterday as are my hands and arms and shoulders etc.  I did regular push ups, finger tip pushups, knuckle pushups, decline pushups, incline un-even pushups.  It's all good.  I'll be extra sore tomorrow.

I signed up for the SpartanRace #Spartan30 push up challenge.  I think it was just a way for them to take my email address.  30 push ups a day for 30 days.