Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

2014/07/09 It's ok to hit the kids

Muto-sensei, Kon-sensei

Drills
Sparring
Kata

Muto-sensei told me today, it's ok to hit the kids.  Just try to hit them lightly.  ;-)

Flower did the basic drills again this time like she did last time and then sat out the rest of the practice.  A did the basic drills and the sparring drills and then all of a sudden decided he wasn't going to do kata.  It is so weird to me.  No one else decides NOT to DO one part of the practice.  I don't want to get angry with him.  But no matter what I say he just makes some weird high pitched whining sound and won't say anything.  I don't know why because he wont tell me why. Frustrating.


We did Heian Shodan and then Jitte for Kata practice.  We didn't do any other.  I guess we must have spent extra time on sparring drills???  He also stopped us a few times to explain a few things like how to do knife hand block or how to do high level rising reception (rising block / age uke).

Very tired.  Calling it a night.