Pages

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Kanku-sho

Muto-sensei

Kihon
Kumite
Kata

We didn't have a lot of members there for this practice.  A was gone so it was just H and I with Ni along.  Usually when I have to bring Ni with us, I can't practice.  I wasn't expecting that I would be able to practice on this day but I put on my gi anyway.  As it turned out, one of the new members, a little boy who is about 4 or 5, was my saviour.  Or rather, his father and little sister were.  They played with Ni and she didn't bother us at all and I got in a full practice.

Kihon and Kumite were a bit light.  We didn't practice them too hard and then we worked on Kata.  The other brown belts and I worked on Kanku-sho.  Muto-sensei asked us to work on Bassai-sho but no one knew how to do it and we had only just gotten an introduction to Kanku-sho the last practice so we worked on that.

I was able to get about two twenty minute practice sessions in on my own during lunch breaks when I worked on Kanku-sho.  Once for twenty minutes straight, just to learn all the steps and then once just for a few minutes as I went through all the other kata I have learned, just trying to keep the steps in memory.

I really need to spend time working on performing the kata and not just on learning them and trying to keep them in memory.  I would say my kanku-dai is improving.

We have a test coming up soon. In just under a month.  It looks like I need to practice Heian Godan and Tekki Shodan.
級審査要綱https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kDK-QgVWmTFCNhXXWhkLdK2L778qDqOVFxH5rtnVfPI/pub