Pages

Monday, January 11, 2016

Midnight Kata

Could not sleep. So practiced Kata.

My right hamstring prevents me from kicking with that leg or doing any jumping or energetic movements.  Plus there is not enough space at home to do a full kata.  So I just went over the kata to make sure I could remember all the moves.


  1. Heian Shodan
  2.  -Nidan
  3.  -Sandan
  4.  -Yondan
  5.  -Godan
  6. Kanku-dai
  7. Jitte
  8. Jion
  9. Ji'in (First time to work through it all the way)
  10. Kanku-sho
  11. Gojushiho-sho
  12. Tekki Shodan


Didn't practice
  1. Empi
  2. Souchin
  3. Wankan
  4. Unsu (haven't learned yet)
  5. Gankaku

As for my leg, after a week of rehab it is already feeling better.  Once again I am reminded that doing something is better than doing nothing.  I've got to take that to heart.  Next time I'll try to quite strenuous work on the injured area in place of light and easy strength and stretching work.